- Download the proceedings of the IWORID 2012, published in the Journal of Instrumentation - Proceedings, as Open Source, here.
- See the photos of the PANalytical Best Poster Award.
- See the Conference Photos - Social Events.
- Download the IWORID2012 oral presentations here.
- Download the book of abstracts here.
The International Workshop on Radiation Imaging Detectors is a series of conferences, held yearly, which started in Sundsvall, Sweden in 1999 and continued in Freiburg, Germany, Orosei, Italy, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Riga, Latvia, Glasgow, UK, Grenoble, France, Pisa, Italy, Erlangen, Germany, Helsinki, Finland, Prague, Czech Republic, Cambridge, UK, and the last one in Zürich, Switzerland.
In 2012, the International Workshop on Radiation Imaging Detectors will take place from 1 to 5 of July in the sunny "Silver Coast" region of Portugal, in the resort Figueira da Foz, elected the "Queen of the Beaches", due to its 15 km of sandy beach. Figueira da Foz is just 40 km away from Coimbra, a historical city that hosts one of the oldest universities of Europe (1290), together with Bologna and Santiago de Compostela, more than 700 years old.
This workshop provides an international forum for discussing current research and development in the area of position sensitive detectors for radiation imaging, including semiconductor detectors, gas- and scintillator-based detectors and applications.
The iWoRID2012 conference will be held in the "CAE-Centro de Artes e Espectáculos da Figueira da Foz", a modern Conference Hall with pleasant, ample space, including an inner garden with glazed roof (CAE).
The complete address is Rua Abade Pedro, 3080-084 Figueira da Foz, Portugal.
As in previous meetings, the main topics will be:
- Detector Systems (includes the wide assortment of detector systems ranging from large LHC detectors to small single-diode systems, from visible light to heavy charged particles);
- Sensor Materials, Device Processing & Technologies (Sensor material and technologies, such as Silicon (single crystal and amorphous), Gallium Arsenide, Cadmium Telluride and other semiconductors, 3D and edgeless sensors, Processing, Characterization, Reliability, Radiation damage, Scintillators);
- Front-end Electronics and Readout (dedicated to ASICS, include MAPS, CMOS and SiOI , Monolithic and hybrid systems, Single photon counting and charge integrating front ends, 3D asics, Monolithic active pixel sensors, CCDs, Data readout architectures, Hardware and software, Data compression, transfer and storage);
- Imaging theory (Integrating vs counting mode, Energy weighting, Correction algorithms);
- High Energy Physics & Astronomy (Detectors and applications probing the standard model, like Tracking detectors, Vertex detectors, Particle detectors, Low- and High-energy Photon detection);
- Free Electron Lasers (Detector development dealing with high photon fluxes and its applications, Charge integrating, DEPFET);
- Applications (range from astronomy, nuclear to medical applications, Material Analysis, X-ray diffraction and fluorescence, Protein crystallography, Tomography, high resolution and fast imaging, Biological and medical imaging, Electron microscopy, Security systems and other industrial applications, Applications at X-ray free electron lasers, Neutron imaging, Astronomical and space applications, High energy physics, Nuclear physics, Fusion research);
The program will consist of invited lectures, oral presentations and a poster session.
Scientists, engineers and exhibitors are invited to join the workshop and share not only work and results but also their valuable experience, contributing to the enrichment of the international community.
The Organizing Committees